Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Snowing

God I love a snowfall.  I can remember sitting in my first grade classroom at the Eagle Avenue School watching the snow fall and cover the trees, the dirt and the sparse grass of the school playground.  The greens and browns slowly submerged under the falling smooth white.  That day, that few minutes, life seemed so calm and peaceful, so far from the classroom hurly-burly.  I have seen many many snowfalls in the fifty plus winters since that day.  But even so, if I look away from the problems, the issues, the worries, the fears, the life I wear now, if I look out the window at the snow coming down.  If I watch for a little  the trees, the ground  covering with snow, I can reclaim a little of that same peace from long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment